The ongoing battle; the beauty beyond the scratches and burns, the fact that it’s going to be okay, but okay might look different than you every imagined.
This post simplifies so much of some of my previous posts and hopefully opens up the conversation for people to dialogue about how all of this correlates together. And one thing in general you will notice is the power of WORDS. I believe we always underestimate just how powerful words can be and impact us on a deep level, especially when it comes from people that we love and trust! We are so thankful you are on this journey with us and encouraging us to keep fighting –
- Don’t just assume because we are thin we are at peace with where our body is. *Going to go out on a limb here and say that a good bit of the time this is NOT the case.
- Using the words “you are so thin” can be really dangerous – maybe we are, but that doesn’t mean that’s a good thing. Words are powerful!
- We want you to talk to us and ask questions! It might get a little frustrating, but it’s ALWAYS better to keep dialogue open with close friends and family.
- Sometimes talking about food and buffet lines cause anxiety, it’s a place of complete isolation and where we usually need the most company – change the topic and/or engage us in something completely different.
- Please don’t make comments like: just eat lots of cupcakes and donuts or you can basically eat whatever you want. It might sound like a joke, but it can be a manipulative mind-game.
Bonus content: Healthy eating does NOT always mean vegetarian/vegan as some people seem to think – it just means keep well-rounded nutrition at the forefront: plenty of fruits and veggies, an emphasis on whole foods, etc.
So let this be a conversation starter. Ask questions, get vulnerable, and take note on some of these ideas that haven’t even crossed your mind.
If you have any questions email me or find me on instagram firstname.lastname@example.org or fuelingherforward